Featured Author: Martina Osterndorff
Martina is a German author who writes in English.
1. Your name
2. Titles of the work you have on Bookrix
3. What is your writing method?
I actually am a morning person in everything I do. Whenever I start early in the morning, I can go for hours. That also fits for my writing as for other things as well.
4. How long have you been writing?
I started back in second grade, already, when I began to rewrite those little texts we had in our textbooks. I kept on writing ever since.
5. How do you maintain your regular job while writing?
I still am a full-time student, so I actually am pretty free in organizing my time and space. That is how I can make myself some writing time when I really need it. I will be finishing my studies, soon and have no clew how I will be developing my writing maintenance then.
6. Do you have special places where you go to write?
Although it’s not very asthetic, I admit I just write on my old laptop. so i’m mostly sitting in my room while writing. I do keep a notebook, wherever I go, though, just to write down thoughts that cross my mind. I realized, that there are sentences that will never come back to you, once you didn’t wrote them down.
7. Do you want to make a living from your wordsmith skills or are you doing this for fun?
I would really like that, actually. I dreamt of becoming a writer when I was a kid. Athough, I feel there is still a pretty long way to go until I might be skilled enough, I keep on writing and following my dreams – no matter if they ever come true or not.
8. What are your stories about? Are they fiction or non-fiction?
My stories are mostly non-fictional, though never biographical. I love to observe small things and to analyze them in my stories. I observe the society, as it is and try to bring that observation into my stories.
9. Do you have a lesson in your stories? Do you have a philosophical or moral mission you are showing in your work?
My mission is probably to achieve a new view on society and to offer that view to others. I try not to judge, though.
10. What advice do you have for other authors?
Just be yourself, in anything you do. Although, you seem small in comparison to the world, you can still make a change.
11. Please write anything else you’d like for the Bookrix blog.
In the end, it should be all about the pure love for writing.
- "A Kevin Review" (7)
- Author Services (22)
- Book Blog Tours (8)
- Book Reviews (29)
- BookRix (320)
- BookRix Community (85)
- BookRix News (62)
- Charity Campaigns (7)
- Cover Art (2)
- E-Readers (18)
- Featured Authors (72)
- Featured Books (100)
- Free Writing Contests (34)
- Giveaways (7)
- Great Authors (22)
- Industry News (47)
- Interviews (8)
- Just For Fun (118)
- Self-publishing (31)
- Special Days/Months (73)
- Tips For Writers (70)