BookRix is Back!
As you may know, BookRix recently moved to a new server. We were offline for a few days, featuring a “Mini BookRix” page while we were away. Now we’re back and we want to thank you for all your patience and your understanding. If you’re still having problems – don’t worry – things will be back to normal soon. However, for now, we suggest that you save your work on your computer before creating a book, just in case anything goes wrong.
For those of you who have never moved, here are some tips that we picked up over the last few days:
1. Packing tape should not be used for painful practical jokes.
2. Always make sure you tape the bottom of the box and not just the top…
3.a) If you need help, your friends aren’t allowed to say no if you offer them free pizza and/or beer.
3.b) Make lots of friends before you move.
4. Your new home already has a toilet, so you don’t need to move the old one.
5. Resist the urge to pop all the bubble wrap before you use it.
6. Don’t pack the dog and the cat in the same box.
7. Don’t kick the truck if you lose the keys – you’re only hurting yourself.
8. Lift with your knees and not your back, or better yet, grab something with wheels because dollies are better than hernias.
9. Don’t use the moving truck to do donuts in the Walmart parking lot. They will get mad.
10. Don’t forget to label all your boxes, or you’ll end up with underwear in the kitchen cabinets.