Don’t forget about me! The plea of a forgotten day.
Birthdays, holidays and special days that fall anywhere between Thanksgiving and New Years are often forgotten or just plain disregarded. Just ask Stephanie Meyer, author of the Twilight series, whose birthday is today. However, we’re not here today to celebrate Bella and Edward, we’re here to celebrate an even greater event this December 24th: National Eggnog Day!
Okay, so the word “nog” isn’t really that appealing, and drinking raw eggs might not be your favorite thing – have no fear – VEGAN to the rescue! And don’t be scared off by the term “vegan” because my raw vegan chocolate cake is one of the most delicious things in the entire world, so I know what I’m talking about.
Enjoy this yumtastic recipe, and have a very merry Eggnog Day!
HOMEMADE VEGAN EGGNOG RECIPE
Makes 2 servings
- 3 CUPS Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or sweetened if you’re feelin’ crazy)
- 4 TBsp Agave (You can substitute it for Maple syrup but might have to add more to make it sweet enough, or Honey, but add about half as much or it will be too sweet.)
- 2 TBsp Vanilla (this is key#1 to deliciousness)
- Dash of Salt (seasalt is prefered)
- 1 TBsp Rum Extract (or Almond Extract if you’re going to add actual Rum…)
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg (this is key#2 to deliciousness)
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Rum or Brandy (Optional)
- In a medium sauce pan (medium/low heat) place all ingredients and stir until completely warm.
- Pour it into a festive glass, and then add the rum or brandy if desired.
- Drink it and love it.
- Rinse your glass and repeat
Anna has always known she is different, whether it was the way that her parents treated her or the way she simply didn’t seem to blend in with the people around her, she simply knew! However on the night of her 17th birthday, two men will enter into her world and completely change her life. Unbeknownst to Anna, a countdown has started on her life and the lives of her friends. Will she have enough time to save them all or will they all fall into chaos?